|Prior to the start of each snowmobile season the Sheriff's Office conducts a "Snowmobile Safety Inspection". The purpose of the "Snowmobile Courtesy Inspection Decal" program is to promote the safe operation of snowmobiles within Chenango County.|
Deputies conduct “Safety Checks” at various check points. Prior to the start of each snowmobile season the Sheriff’s Office conducts a “Snowmobile Safety Inspection”. The purpose of the “Snowmobile Courtesy Inspection Decal” program is to promote the safe operation of snowmobiles within Chenango County.
Any inspected snowmobiles MUST pass the following criteria:
1. Valid Proof of Insurance. (Temporary 30 day inspection not valid for inspection)
2. Working Clear or Amber Headlight.
3. Working Red Taillight.
4. Working Brakes and rear Brake lights. (Brakes MUST be demonstrated during Inspection)
5. Equipped with functioning (OEM) Muffler or Equivalent.
6. Equipped w/ minimum of 16 square inch of reflective material on both sides of cowling.
7. Registration numbers clearly displayed on each side of cowling.
8. All Snowmobiles MUST be Registered.
Anyone with questions regarding the Sheriff’s Office - Snowmobile Enforcement Program or the “Snowmobile Safety Inspections” courtesy decals should contact # (607) 337-1929.